grilled citrus salmon & asparagus
. . .
This recipe is delicately designed and tested to give you a wide range of tastes. The art of grilling your salmon on a bed of lemon slices with a rosemary applied on top makes for a great tasting end product that looks delicious on your plate.
1. In a resealable bag or dish, add salmon, olive oil, salt, pepper, juice of one lemon, minced garlic, one thyme sprig, and one rosemary sprig.
2. Seal, mix marinade around, being careful not to bruise the fish, and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
3. Preheat only half of the grill to medium-high heat for indirect grilling.
4. Slice the two remaining lemons horizontally, so that you get six slices of lemon from each one, excluding the top and bottom.
5. Bend each piece of asparagus until the woody end snaps off and discard it.
6. Oil the grill with olive oil and place lemon slices over indirect heat (the side of the grill where the burners are not on).
7. Lay salmon on top of the lemon slices and top with a sprig of rosemary on each fillet.
8. Close the cover and grill for 20 minutes.
9. Place the asparagus spears on the grill and brush with olive oil. Grill for 5 additional minutes.